Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Girls Day { HINAMATSURI } Celebration

March 3rd is a special day for girls called Hinamatsuri in Japan.

It's the day to wish girls' good health and happiness by decorating a house
with a set of Japanese dolls. If I remember correctly, setting of the Hina dolls are for Ohina sama (the empress) and Odairi sama (the emperor)'s wedding celebration. So along with 15 dolls, a set of furniture is displayed as well as special food and drink such as three-tier mochi and sweet rice wine for the wedding.

As most grand parents in Japan, my grand parents also bought me a set of Hina dolls with a seven-tier stand to express their joy for the birth of a little girl. I used to help my parents with decorating the dolls. Those are good family memories.

Me and my friend at work felt that we shouldn't live this special day as just any other
day so we decided to set up a set of Hinamatsuri dolls on my desk.

We didn't realize until we actually made the dolls and stage how delightful it is to have these cute little dolls and share our childhood memories of Hinamatsuri. Our spirit were lifted.


No comments:

Post a Comment