Monday, November 14, 2011

Patchwork Indie Arts& Crafts Festival in Culver City / クラフトフェスティバル in カルバーシティ

Thankfully it wasn't raining at the craft festival on Sunday (it turned out to be an indoor event.) The event was held at a hip historical area called Helms Bakery District. This area itself is worth a visit. I've been there once for dining at Father's Office but I didn't know it's a nice place for a walk and do window shopping : ) 
Highlight of the event for me was definitely talking to Heidi from Rock Scissor Paper (They offer Fun and Colorful designs with vintage flair.) I'd attended Heidi&Susie's Stationary Workshop at Lala Press organized by Krystina Castella (Instructor at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena) in 2008.  The workshop was so educational that I couldn't believe how much business secrets Heidi&Susie were willing to share. I loved the experience. Even though it's been a while since the workshop, Heidi remembered me(really, Heidi? thank you!!)
and she was very kind to share her creative business experience and her continuous passion for arts & crafts with me. Like Heidi, I have so much respect for people who are willing to share their knowledge with others without hesitation. I don't have much knowledge to share but I would like to be sincere and supportive if someone approaches me. 
I got some cool arts&craft pieces at the event. When I finish photographing them, I will introduce them here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment