Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Joyful Peaceful Painting / ハッピーな絵

This year is a year for me to experiment with colors. I'd started to get more attracted to full of colors. A few years ago was totally opposite of what I like now. I would choose only muted colors or natural and soft colors palette for almost anything. What has happened to me?? When I went to the Disneyland in summer, I enjoyed looking at the paintings of Mary Blair at their special gallery space. I love the colors, simple fun shapes, motives she chose to create scenes for the fantasy land. I was inspired by her and wanted to do my version of happy joyful peaceful painting to depict an imaginary fantasy scene. Ta-da! Here is the result : ) I had lots of fun painting this. I used acrylic so even I messed up, I could go back and rework on the part until I am satisfied with the result.  Cute?


Land of Happy Joyful Peaceful 
(Inspired by work of Mary Blair)


にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ ロサンゼルス情報へ


No comments:

Post a Comment